[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to 'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 11 14:32:01 EDT 2008

GRASS GIS wrote:

> #110: db/drivers/dbf fail to build due to undefined reference to
> 'SASetupDefaultHooks' (SHAPELIB)
> -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  marisn    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
>  Component:  default   |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:            |    Keywords:  dbf
> -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by neteler):
>
>  As suggested by Frank, I have added safileio.c:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30934
>
>  If I now remove the GDAL dependency from db/driver/dbf/Makefile it does
>  not compile. If I keep it, it compiles. Problem solved?

Nope.

First, the Makefile doesn't actually compile safileio.c.

Once that's fixed (remove the LIB_OBJS setting), you get an error
because safileio.c is out of sync with shapefil.h:

	safileio.c:185: error: structure has no member named `Remove'
	safileio.c:188: error: structure has no member named `Atof'

Synchronising the versions of those two files should eliminate the
problem.