[GRASS-dev] nviz broken for Mac OS X 10.5.6 and TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Dec 20 14:49:20 EST 2008

Yeah, that worries me just a bit.  I'm putting the symlink note in my
own distribution readme, along with a note of the option of setting
GRASS_WISH and GRASS_TCLSH.

I need to update the bindist readme to include that note.

I could bring back a default setting in the startup (removed when I
dropped TclTk X11 bundling).  Since the build system doesn't provide a
tcltk version variable, I could test for the presence of wish8.5...

On Dec 20, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> OK. That works. Thanks.
>
> There are still issues for distributing this. Installing
> ActiveStates TclTk is easy enough. However, the symlinks need to be
> made or GRASS_WISH needs to be set to wish8.5 in order for GRASS to
> recognize this TclTk and NOT use the system 8.4.
>
> Michael

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war