[GRASS-dev] compile errors for GRASS 7 in Mac OS X

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Dec 21 22:58:04 EST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> > /Users/cmbarton/grass_dev/grass7_src/macosx/app
> >
> > cd to ./macosx and ran make. No errors. Something in the make files
> > messed up?
>
> I missed this.  Did you look back in the terminal to see what the
> error was?
>
> If it happens again, don't cd to macosx and make, but check the
> terminal scrollback first.

Better still, redirect make output:

	make &> build.log

Otherwise, your terminal needs a very large scrollback buffer. For me,
build.log comes to ~11,000 actual lines, or ~30,000 after wrapping to
80 columns.

Although, the macosx directory has the advantage of being right at the
end of the build process.