[GRASS-dev] trying to compile wxPython NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 16 03:45:38 EDT 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2008, at 10:36 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
> > In file included from change_view.c:20:
> > /Users/Shared/src/GRASS/svn/trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin9.3.0/
> > include/grass/nviz.h:120: error: syntax error before �AGLPixelFmtID�
>
> Hmm, I can't find AGLPixelFmtID *anywhere* in the OSX headers, and
> there are no hits at Apple.  Google only returns a few hits, all
> mentioning that it's the AGL equivalent of "XVisualInfo" for pixel info.

According to:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/AGL_OpenGL/Reference/reference.html

it should be AGLPixelFormat (without the "ID" suffix).

And that's exactly what togl.c uses.

Also, I note that aglCreateAGLPixmap isn't mentioned on that page.
However, it does describe aglCreatePBuffer, which is probably the
appropriate function to use (similarly, the X11 implementation should
probably use pBuffers if they are available).