[GRASS-dev] trying to compile wxPython NVIZ

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 16 09:33:59 EDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 2:45 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> On Jul 15, 2008, at 10:36 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>>> In file included from change_view.c:20:
>>> /Users/Shared/src/GRASS/svn/trunk/dist.i386-apple-darwin9.3.0/
>>> include/grass/nviz.h:120: error: syntax error before
>>> �AGLPixelFmtID�
>>
>> Hmm, I can't find AGLPixelFmtID *anywhere* in the OSX headers, and
>> there are no hits at Apple.  Google only returns a few hits, all
>> mentioning that it's the AGL equivalent of "XVisualInfo" for pixel
>> info.
>
> According to:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/AGL_OpenGL/Reference/reference.html
>
> it should be AGLPixelFormat (without the "ID" suffix).
>
> And that's exactly what togl.c uses.

That works, but now it chokes on AGLPixmap...

> Also, I note that aglCreateAGLPixmap isn't mentioned on that page.
> However, it does describe aglCreatePBuffer, which is probably the
> appropriate function to use (similarly, the X11 implementation should
> probably use pBuffers if they are available).

... so I wonder if "AGLPixmap windowId;" should also be changed to
"AGLPbuffer windowId;"?

Doing that works.  But I imagine that the rest of the nviz library
must be changed to use AGLPbuffers.

I didn't get errors elsewhere about missing AGL pixmap functions.  I
only see those in render.c, which I disabled to be able to compile
libnviz.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war