[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS Plans

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu Jun 5 19:18:14 EDT 2008

Michael,

> Maybe this is what you have in mind, but I think that the wx-config is
> only
> needed for compiling vdigit, not for using it.

Good! sorry, confused: I always thought that Python was an interpreted
language. I don't know anything about the new vdigit: does it have some C or
C++ code parts to be compiled in Python?

>Also, I'm pretty sure that if
> you install the Windows dev package, it has wx-config.

Windows dev package? I always used the *normal* installers; do you mean from
here http://www.python.org/dev/daily-msi/?
BTW, I'm sure that the *normal* installer doesn't include the wx-config.

>Just trying to save
> you some work.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that ;-)

> I don't have anyone in my lab currently using Vista for testing. There
> will
> be some students once we all come back for classes in mid-August.

OK. I'll try to do that with my XP notebook.

Thanks,

Marco