[GRASS-dev] first users main trouble

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 03:48:35 EDT 2008

Hi all,

just though to say one thing that first users have trouble with.
In itself it is not a problem for half of them after few days of GRASS GIS,
but the remaining part  just cannot get used to it.

When processing is done, they think their new map is going to be displayed
automatically (it is part of the  processing to display output).

linked to this, they have hard time imagining that two-three windows make
one software (I know, Windows users they are), I have to expelain that most
GIS/RS software work this way, and that it has strong advantages (dual
monitors for example, one for processing and one visualizing), and I prefer
it that way as many of us I guess.

Just adding a little bit on what wall very first GIS users are banging...
Yann