[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Fri Mar 14 08:17:38 EDT 2008

Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are a little bit late with releasing 6.3.0, looking at [1,2] I
> don't see any (really) blocker issue (maybe vdigit linking problem,
> but this can wait for 6.3.1 I guess). The wxPython seems to work on
> Windows (basically), needs a lot fixes and some speed-up optimization
> (especially for GUI module dialogs which are generated on the fly) --
> issues for 6.4.

With a fresh checkout from SVN done about 1h ago, I can confirm that
the wxPython GUI works on native Win32 using MSYS/MinGW (see attached
screenshot). GREAT STUFF!

I have not followed the v.digit development, but I can get a digitizing
toolbar to come up in the Map window (see screenshot). Only problem is:
the drop-down box for layer selection is empty, so I can't start editing
on any layer!

If I start v.digit.exe with a map name from the command line, it simply
crashes.

Cheers,

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeological Unit Limited
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES