[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:52:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/3/14, Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de>:
>  I have not followed the v.digit development, but I can get a digitizing
>  toolbar to come up in the Map window (see screenshot). Only problem is:
>  the drop-down box for layer selection is empty, so I can't start editing
>  on any layer!
>
>  If I start v.digit.exe with a map name from the command line, it simply
>  crashes.

v.digit.exe refers to 'vector/v.digit' -- TCL/TK-fashioned digitizer.
To enable digitizer in wxPython GUI you need to compile
'gui/wxpython/vdigit' -> grass6_wxvdigit Python extension. There is
still problem with direct linking to _gdi_.so Python module, undefined
symbols should be possible to load on runtime. It needs to be fixed
for Unix-based system first, then I will look at winGRASS port too.
For now no wxPython-based digitizer under Windows.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *