[GRASS-dev] backporting help for SVN

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Mar 29 10:52:42 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> One minor point:
>
> 	$(INSTALL) -m 755 grass-xterm-mac $(ETC)
>
> Makefiles shouldn't hard-code the permissions. The user should be able
> to override this by setting INSTALL. Typically. $(INSTALL) will use
> 755 while $(INSTALL_DATA) will use 644.
>
> --

Ah, I must have done that as a quick fix a while back (and it
propogated to later changes) without reading the install docs
completely (and missed that install defaults to 755).

I have that in my osx makefiles also...  on to cleanup...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy