[GRASS-dev] new grass add-on

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 2 08:10:56 EDT 2008

hi Roberto,

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM, roberto.marzocchi
<roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Reading  the new version of
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute I understand this:
>  I must write to you (currently you're the GRASS-PSC chair) and to other

Since we talk about the GRASS-SVN-Addons: to me *or* to another developer.

> developers. Only the grass developers or the GRASS-PSC chair can add my
> "osgeo_id" to the OSGeo LDAP authentication system.

Right.

>  If I correctly understand, so is clear!!

Yes. I have polished wording again:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#ProceduretorequestGRASS-SVNwriteaccess

>  An other suggest: You can write the e-mail address of grass developers list
> too.

I think it is better to get into personal contact with a developer. The
list is daily filled with messages, a request can easily get lost.

> Before I'm not sure that I must write to the grass developers list for
> obtain the authentication of my "osgeo_id".

Do you think that the again modified Wiki page is clear now?

BTW: 'robertomarzocchi' is now activated for GRASS-Addons-SVN.
Please submit your script following the standards described in
SUBMITTING_SCRIPTS

(thanks for your patience - it actually helps to get the Wiki page
clear also for other future contributors)

Happy hacking,
Markus