[GRASS-dev] build problems on Mac OS X 10.5.2.

crundel crundel at stat.ucla.edu
Fri May 9 04:02:56 EDT 2008

I don't claim to understand the inner workings of gcc, particularly on the
mac but I ran into the exact same issue you're having a week or so back. As
William pointed out the issue is with the -g flag being passed which for
some unknown reason seems to result in the test programs compiling as OSX
applications, hence that directory organization you were seeing, and then
failng to run as the configure script cannot locate the executable. If you
just run the configure script with out any CFLAGS you should be able to get
things at least compiling, 'env CFLAGS="" ./configure' is what worked for
me.