R: R: R: [GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on Windows

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 22 03:54:16 EDT 2008

marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:

> OK. I summarize:
>
> if I launch GRASS with the wxpython GUI, g.gisenv works, if either
> launched from shell (MSYS) or from the module GUI; in fact, after the
> g.gisenv command, if I run g.list -f type=rast I have the list of all
> the rasters in the new location
>
> if I launch GRASS with the tcltk GUI, g.gisenv doesn't work, neither if
> launched from MSYS shell, nor from the module GUI: in fact, after it, if
> I run g.list it says that the location's raster list is empty (as it
> should be, since I'm in the demolocation)
>
> after adding the set GIS_LOCK=0 line in init.bat it works :-)
>
> another thing: the manual says:
>
> g.gisenv [get=VARIABLE] [set="VARIABLE=value"] [store=string]
>    [--verbose] [--quiet]
>
> but it's not correct: (in Windows?) should be:
>
> g.gisenv [set=VARIABLE=value]

Right; the quotes in the example usage of set= shouldn't be there, as
quotation depends upon how the command is executed (e.g. via a shell,
in which case, which shell), not the command itself.

Fixed in CVS.

> in fact, if I type, for example, from the demolocation:
>
> g.gisenv set="LOCATION_NAME=GRASS-Tutorial"
>
> I have, as output from g.gisenv:
>
> GISDBASE='C:/Documents and Settings/Marco/Documenti/GIS DataBase/GRASS
> Locations';
> LOCATION_NAME='demolocation';
> MAPSET='PERMANENT';
> "LOCATION_NAME='GRASS-Tutorial"';

Right; it's taken the opening quote as part of the variable name, and
the closing quote as part of the value.

> While, if I use the suggested syntax I have:
>
> GISDBASE='C:/Documents and Settings/Marco/Documenti/GIS DataBase/GRASS
> Locations';
> LOCATION_NAME='GRASS-Tutorial';
> MAPSET='PERMANENT';

Right, so g.gisenv is working.