[GRASS-dev] compilation success

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Oct 9 05:38:28 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> With William's recent fix, I got farther tonight on getting a working
> wxPython nviz than ever before.
>
> I still have to remove render.c, but otherwise compilation goes well.
> When I select nviz from the map display, I now get a message box
> saying "Please wait, loading data..." and I get a partial nviz toolbar
> (color picker and exit door). Then it sits. In the layer manager
> output window, I get the following error.
>    File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc
> /wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py", line 1308, in
> CreateControl
>
> size=sizeW)

> C++ assertion "!(style & wxSL_VERTICAL) || !(style &
> wxSL_HORIZONTAL)" failed at ../src/mac/carbon/slider.cpp(98)
> in Create(): incompatible slider direction and orientation

The style parameter is set thus:

        if sliderHor:
            style = wx.SL_HORIZONTAL | wx.SL_AUTOTICKS | \
                wx.SL_BOTTOM
            sizeW = (size, -1)
        else:
            style = wx.SL_VERTICAL | wx.SL_AUTOTICKS | \
                wx.SL_BOTTOM | wx.SL_INVERSE
            sizeW = (-1, size)

Although it doesn't explicitly say so in the documentation, I believe
that SL_BOTTOM is only valid in conjunction with SL_HORIZONTAL.

AFAICT, for SL_VERTICAL, you have to choose either SL_LEFT or SL_RIGHT.