[GRASS-dev] r.series: thresholding?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 15 07:34:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>> > don't know,
>>
>> You don't know if you like it or don't know how?
>> It seems to be a simple if condition in the core of the
>> raster col/row loop.
>
> The usual recommendation here would be to process the source data with
> r.mapcalc.
>
> I'm aware that adding this feature to r.series could save a fair
> amount of time, given that it is often used on large numbers of maps.
>
> However, the same would be true of just about any such transformation
> which could be applied to the input data.

In our projects, we have to play around with various thresholds.

Using r.mapcalc, would replicate my source data n times (or have to
always overwrite them and lose extra computation time on this).

I am speaking here about hundreds to thousands of input maps. While
disk space becomes cheaper, person days become more expensive...

Markus