[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.0 release branch forthcoming

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 02:31:25 EDT 2008

Hello all,
as I understood from Glynn, it's too early to release 6.4.0 as GRASS 7
is still too far away. I also agree with Markus, that we need to
release something for packagers, as more and more users are suggested
to use SVN version and not some semi-stable version from packages.
GRASS 6.3.0 was technical preview release - it was never promised to
be stable. I see no point in releasing 6.3.1 with just some fixes.
My proposal - let's make another "technical preview" from devbranch6
called i.e. 6.3.90 (just a devbranch6 tag within week or so) - we get
something out for users who don't compile GRASS, still it's not final
6.4.0, that should be stable and bug free, as main release between 6.2
and 7.0 should be.

Just my 0.002,
Maris.