[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 14 12:07:42 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 12:52 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Attached is the crashlog
>
> There is something a bit odd with the header information. It has the
> right path for my MacPython version installation, but the version is
> for the Apple system Python. I wonder if this is along the same
> lines as the issue that was killing vdigit.
>
> Michael

For some reason the MacPython has always been built with that 2.5a0
version number, no matter what 2.5.x version it really is.  So
everything there is macpython.

It looks like it's crashing trying to load a module, but it's not
saying what it is.

*Update*

Test on Mini: nviz sortof runs (no crash) - the "Please wait, loading
data" window just sits there and the display remains 2D, but there are
a palette and quit (nviz) tool buttons.  I can "quit" nviz and the
please wait dialog goes away.

In addition to the other macpython + wx I mentioned, I installed
PyOpenGl 3.0.0b5.

I get the same when I compile for the system python.

How did you configure GRASS?  The relevant options I used are:

  --with-x
  --with-python
  --with-opengl=aqua
  --without-tcltk
  --with-wxwidgets=/usr/local/lib/wxPython-unicode-2.8.8.1/bin/wx-config

I didn't use a path for python (not needed).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin