[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 14 13:04:05 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> The system Python is 2.5.0 alpha. I was already using 2.5.1 before I
> upgraded to OS X 10.5 with the alpha version of 2.5.0 because prior
> to 10.5, Apple shipped only 2.3 with its OS. I don't know why. One
> of the mysteries of Cupertino.

That's a little backwards.  The crashlog shows the "framework"
version, as you find in the framework's info.plist (or language
infoplist.strings, or version.plist), or what you get with Get Info.
You will see the real version when you start Python in a Terminal.

The Leopard system python is 2.5.1.  The "framework" version is
reported as 2.5.

MacPython always reports it's "framework" version as 2.5a0.  But it's
current actual version is 2.5.2.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin