[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 14 20:38:10 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 6:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> It's definitely a compile issue. Your version works just as you
> describe it--AND vdigit works too.

hmmmmm

rrrrgggghhhh

The only other thing I can think of that I do a little different is
maybe the OSX build target.  I set the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to
10.5 (or 10.4 for my Tiger builds).  The default is 10.2 or 10.3 I
think.  There are some differences in compilation depending on this
value, though I think it's mostly API differences not compiler
behavior.  Python code wants you to match what was used when it was
compiled, which is 10.4 for Macpython (though I didn't have problems
on my Mini build).

Try:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5

before configuring

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe