[GRASS-dev] Compiling GRASS on Ubuntu

dasuni kannangara dasuni7 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 03:35:57 EDT 2009

i am using ubuntu 8.10. I have downloaded grass 6.2.3 source code. I referred the INSTAL file and installed all pre requisites. I am trying to compile the source code now. But when i enter the command 'make', it says,

Makefile:22: include/Make/Platform.make: No such file or directory
Makefile:23: include/Make/Grass.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `include/Make/Grass.make'.  Stop.

Please provide me step by step details on how to compile the source code.