[GRASS-dev] RC5 on Mac OS X

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at openosx.com
Sun Aug 30 19:27:35 EDT 2009

On Aug 30, 2009, at 9:56 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> The wxpython you compile GRASS with, if you spell out a custom path
> for it in configuration, may not be the wxpython that is found when
> GRASS runs, depending on which Python is found at runtime.

Thanks William,

I am using the version of Python that ships with Mac OS X. I believe
it is the only version of wxpython and Python installed on my system.

Seems like it is working right, the GUI works (which requires wxpython).

> Are you using a wxpython binary install or your own compiled
> version?  I have not seen libwx_base_* as a normal OSX prefix for wx
> libraries, they're usually libwx_macud_*.

I looked at the instructions a bit better, and noticed that they
recommend to use the "--enable-monolithic" flag on Mac OS X which
creates the libraries that you are accustomed to.

But after making sure the old libs were deleted and rebuilding GRASS I
still get the same exact errors.

:(

> You could try forcing the Python you want by setting GRASS_PYTHON in
> your shell init, or in grass.sh.

I only have one copy of Python installed on this machine - the version
that ships with Mac OS X. Would I set it to that?

Best,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>
phone: 208.462.4171