[GRASS-dev] my custom ps.map to ps3.map

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:37:36 EST 2009

Joining the previous comments, I think too that this looks really great!
I use ps.map regularly and was sometimes missing these features.

Sticking to grass command naming conventions, this enhanced version of
ps.map may better be called ps.map2 and not ps3.map, unless there is new
PostScript3 wizardry in there, not only new options.

In the current ps.map, the type of the colortable drawn for rasters is
dependent on the type of the raster. CELL rasters get a discrete
colortable with labelled categories, FCELL and DCELL maps get a color
gradient. Sometimes a DEM is of type CELL, then I would like to have a
colortable with gradient, not discrete categories. At least I would like
to have the choice. I'm using my own hackish workaround, but maybe you
could do that properly, leaving the defaults as they are now? Just a
suggestion.

Regards,

Markus M