[GRASS-dev] Re: wingrass640

Marco Pasetti pasetti.marco at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:18:06 EST 2009

Hi all,

> is there someone (Marco?) who is going to prepare Windows installer
> for RC1 with wxGUI support (propably except of vector digitizer and
> Nviz extension)?

I'm just back in office. I'm 455 mails late... but I'll start to work on the
new GRASS build right now.

The "blocking" thing is related to the "building environment update" I
planned; in fact, some problems in the GRASS building are generated by some
MSYS/MinGW lacks... that's why I decided to replace my current MSYS
installation with a fully updated one... and here that's the problem! the
MSYS project is poorely documented, and the 1.0.11 version of the istaller,
even if available on the repository, is not officially present in the
project list... but it seems to be more recent (and bug fixer) than the
currently proposed one... even if not fully updated! and the updated are a
little be confused (in the way you cannot just unpack the new files because
some updates overwrite each other creating messy and buggy installations).

I've been reading some articles and mails and I'm figuring how to solve this
messy situation...

I think I can give you a precise dead-line in about one or two days.
I'm sorry, but I also have my regular work here ;) ...
I'll do as best as I can.

Regards... and happy new year :)

Ing. Marco Pasetti
Università degli Studi di Brescia
Facoltà di Ingegneria
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica e Industriale
Via Branze, 38 - 25123 Brescia - Italy
Phone: (+39) 030 371 54 97
Mobile: (+39) 328 56 12 639
Skype: marco.pst