[GRASS-dev] GRASS won't compile - can't 'find' gdal

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jan 19 11:15:27 EST 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Andreas Hörsken wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for your help. The hint about the ogdi library solved the
> problem for me.
>
> It seems that the gdal-framework provided at www.kyngchaos.com needs
> these libraries but I hadn't them installed.

They are inside the GDAL framework bundle.  That "@loader_path" is a
relative reference to the "loading" binary, which should be GDAL.  For
some reason this isn't working from configure.

> First I tried to compile the ogdi library with these instructions
> for macosx:
> (http://grass.itc.it/platforms/macgrass/ogdi.php) and (http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx:build:ogdi
> )
> But that didn't work - there were so much unresolved includes that I
> gave it up to compile ogdi.

Those instructions are a bit out of date, though should be good for
OGDI 3.1.6 (current stable).  But I think much of the hackery isn't
needed in OGDI 3.2 beta.

> What did the trick for me was compiling gdal by hand with the '--
> without-ogdi' configure-option (see http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx:build:gdal
>  ) as macosx framework.

Unless you leave the other bundled stuff there from my packaged GDAL,
you'll probably lose the GRASS and Postgres formats.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy