[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #35: Verify and uncomment Swiss datum parameters

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 05:32:30 EDT 2009

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> maybe this can help (CH1903 to WGS84):
> http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home/products/software/products/skripts.html

Not sure which problem you mean it can help with? As far as I can see that
is a quick approximation to convert WGS84 lat-long co-ordinates to Swiss
projected co-ordinates, doing the datum transformation and projection all
in one step via an approximated method. There are some more useful pages
on the Swisstopo site though - we've had a little discussion about it on
the PROJ.4 list over the past few days.

Paul