[GRASS-dev] Re: GEOS support in GRASS 6.5 ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 01:37:26 EDT 2009

Markus M:
> For speed-up, implement the respective algorithms directly in the GRASS
> vector libs? Lots of work...

.... at the cost of having to maintain the code forever more and not
automatically get updates.

is the slowness in the lib I/O or in the geos implementation?
how mature is the code? (ie will it improve/change upstream?)

my general inclination is to not fork/clone anything if at all possible.
as long as the lib is not orphaned or too obscure for users to find,
outsource as much as possible to the experts (unless it really does
make a drastic performance difference).

Hamish