[GRASS-dev] wxGUI Help

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 7 09:37:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Hamish<hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Helena wrote:
>> > would it be possible to make the GRASS65 manual available
>> > on-line, something like this:
>> > http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/manuals.php
>
> Markus wrote:
>> It is already online but was just missing from that list.
>
> does it really need to be linked?

You mean 6.5 or/and 7?

> IMO we really need to start focusing more on grass7 as the
> "real" development branch and backport some useful things to
> 6.5 but try and put less emphasis on it. Currently development
> is getting splintered and falling out of sync, not everything
> relevant is being merged away from 6.5, ... I'm just concerned
> that it will get worse as grass7 diverges.

I think it would be best to only link
- 7 (development)
- 6.4 (stable)
- 6.2 (old stable)

Markus

PS: I find it suprising that the newer manuals on grass.osgeo.org are
impossible to find on Google, apart from grass.itc.it all kinds of (outdated)
mirrors have a higher page ranking than grass.osgeo.org. Well, maybe still
a matter of time?