[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.manual tries to run C:\Program Files\Internet Exporer\iexplore (the 'L' is missing from 'Explorer')

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:09:18 EDT 2009

>From the two possible WinGrass command lines (either cmd.exe or msys)
the following command will open the html index and returns the
terminal:

cmd /c "rundll32 url.dll,OpenURL "file:///C:/Program
Files/GRASS-6-SVN/docs/html/full_index.html""

I incorporated this into g.manual in a bit of an ugly fashion (see
attached patch), it works perfectly for msys but not for cmd. For cmd
it doesn't open the html and it doesn't return the terminal.
Hopefullly someone else can finish the task.

-Colin