[GRASS-dev] Network Analysis

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:55:34 EDT 2009

Daniel Bundala wrote:
> Regarding the bug: It is definitely a bug and I will have a look at
> it. But I think that it would be better if dglib supported multiple
> edges between nodes. Not only it is probably intended behaviour if
> there are multiple lines between nodes, but in some cases (e.g.,
> v.net.flow module), you do not want the minimum but maximum cost edge.
> In fact, you want all edges. There should not be any substantial
> problem with multiple edges, but I am not sure whether dglib supports
> them. What do you think?

I guess that dglib supports multiple edges, because each edge (at least
in Vect_net_build_graph()) is added with a unique ID, consequently there
could be several edges connecting the same two nodes. If not that would
mean that a new edge would replace an old edge connecting the same two
nodes? With the help of your example, I see now that it would make sense
to have multiple edges. I haven't come around yet to create a test
vector for BUG2 and see whether dglShortestPath() really returns the
shortest path or uses the edges inserted last even if they are more
costly. Same for dglShortestDistance. I guess that determines where and
how to fix BUG2, on module level or on library level.

Markus M