[GRASS-dev] r44766: v.what: cosmetics in output (empty lines)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Dec 31 04:13:39 EST 2010

Hamish wrote:

> I wonder if that leading newline is there in case multipile input= maps or
> multiple east_north= coords are given in the single command?

No. The code just switches from having a newline at the end of each
string to having one at the beginning for no apparent reason. It's in
entirely the wrong place to have been there for a reason (i.e. it's in
the middle of a "block" of related lines).

> Glynn:
> > I disagree. If a module has a -g flag, scripts which parse the
> > "human readable" format are already broken.
>
> BUT the -g flag will be new for the 6.4.1 release, so people running
> current/earlier versions didn't have the choice.

Ah; I didn't realise that it was a new addition.