[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_PATH in GRASS6.4 UbuntuOS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 06:25:38 EST 2010

yeah, this is quite bad. opened as bug #928.

Kim Besson wrote:
> I'm working with Shell Scripts on 6.4.

ok, well covered ground then.

> Hamish how/where are you defining your ADDON_PATH?

in ~/.bashrc I have:
export GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/src/grass/addons

most GRASS_* enviro variables I set in .grass.bashrc, but that one has
to be set before init.sh is run.

> Ok. About the r.out.gmt (I didn't find d.mark).

(grass-addons/display/d.shortcuts/, but r.out.gmt is a better example)

> If I placed in GRASSsvn6.4.0 scripts
> folder the GUI opens when I type: r.out.gmt in command output

wxGUI right?

> But If I place in my personal scripts folder I get:
> ERROR: Required parameter <input> not
> set:    (Name of input raster
> map).Description: Exports a GRASS
> raster map into a GMT grid file and
> colortableUsage:
>  r.out.gmt [-p] input=string [output=string]
> [--verbose][--quiet]Flags:  -p
>   Display suggested GMT PostScript creation
> commands --v   Verbose module
> output --q   Quiet module output
> Parameters:   input   Name of input
> raster map  output   Base name of output files
> (taken from input mapif not given)
>
> Which is the debug for that function.

"r.out.gmt" alone does that because it thinks it is running from a
script (because the GUI "script" calls it). If you type "r.out.gmt --ui"
at the wxGUI Cmd> prompt you get the popup option window.

you get this rather unhelpful popup error too:
  __Error in command execution r.out.[snip]__
  Execution failed: 'r.out.gmt'
  Details:
  Error:

> If I insert r.out.gmt -p input=aspect all GUI freezes.

For me it runs and writes the file and says "r.out.gmt complete.", but
it never returns. If I click the [Stop] button to kill it, it does nothing.
Clicking the window dressing "X" to close the window I get the above
unhelpful popup error message again in the wxGUI output tab:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/src/grass/svn/releasebranch_6_4/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line 486, in OnCmdAbort
    self.cmdThread.abort()
  File "/usr/local/src/grass/svn/releasebranch_6_4/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line 108, in abort
    self.requestCmd.abort()
AttributeError: 'CmdThread' object has no attribute 'requestCmd'

I get pretty much the same thing from the real terminal prompt, except
there the extra --ui is not needed.

> I think it has something to do with WXPYTHON and
> scripts outside GRASSsvn6.4.0 folder. WHat do you think?

yeah, but I don't know why. 6.5+ seems ok.

hmph, it's worse: ALL shell scripts from the command prompt are broken
when GRASS_GUI=tcltk. The error is:
  sh: $GRASS_WISH: command not found

Hamish