[GRASS-dev] xganim compilation on GRASS 7

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jan 3 15:49:12 EST 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 1:40 PM, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> William,
>
> talking about xganim, will you be including xganim in your GRASS64 binaries?
> We use it a lot for viewing and browsing the results of simulations and data time series
> on our linux machines but the students miss it on Mac and MSwindows.

I really don't want to add the overhead of mo/less-tif in the package.

A possible middle road, if lesstif can be compiled as static libraries, I could build it into the xganim binary.  That could cut down on the size since only the parts used by xganim would be (?) included, unless that includes most of lesstif.

> Also, do you plan to make the wxpython GUI the default as it is in the windows binaries?

I thought wx gui in 6.x, or at least 6.4, was not quite as complete as in 7 (or 6.5).  Or at least incomplete compared to the Tcltk gui.  And the plan was to leave tcltk as the default in 6.x and make wx the default in 7.

> thank you,
>
> Helena

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.