[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 never-ending story

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:55:24 EST 2010

Hi all,

I wonder if we can release 6.4.0, some dates

last stable: 6.2.0 - 2006/10/31

6.4.0 story:

rc1 - 2008/12/23
rc5 - 2009/06/09

This is absolutely *unacceptable*, after one year from rc1 the final
release is not ready. It's not good sign.

I know that everyone is doing his/her best. We just need to be a bit
realistic and bear in mind manpower of the development team.

I just wonder about bugs which are marked as blockers for some months.
If nobody is going to fixed them they cannot be marked as blockers.
Then reporter should find someone to fix them, at the end the rc-stage
takes one year...

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa