[GRASS-dev] Possible to update to 6.4 stable on UbuntuGIS ppa repo?

Francesco Paolo Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Thu Sep 23 08:27:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 04:39:04PM -0700, Isaac Ullah wrote:
>    I'm not sure who maintains the compiled binaries on the ubuntugis ppa
> repository, so I'm addressing this request to the whole list. Currently, the
> version of GRASS64 on the ppa is RC6-2. Given that 64 stable has just been
> released, it would be nice to have the stable version put up to the PPA. For
> whatever reason the weekly snapshot does not install correctly on Ubuntu
> (hasn't for some time now).

Generally speaking, Ubuntu takes a snapshot of DebianGis packages from sid/testing.
Currently in DebianGis we have a post RC6 snapshot in use and incidentally
we are near freezing of next stable version (6.0 aka Squeeze). That implies
that we will not release the final 6.4.0, but a patched version which integrates
almost all final fixes. ATM the only change that will be dropped for sure
is the default GUI switching (Tk->Wx).

More information could be asked on the DebianGis development list.

Cheers

--
Francesco P. Lovergine