[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #377: gis.m/Map Display fails to handle vector layers with multiple databse layers

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 28 05:15:09 EDT 2010

#377: gis.m/Map Display fails to handle vector layers with multiple databse
layers
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ploewe                |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  OSX/Intel             |
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Comment(by mlennert):

 I think the FreeType issue is a different issue than that reported by the
 OP.

 Concerning this original problem, we still do not have any information of
 whether the maps displayed actually had any category values in layer 2 (as
 Martin pointed out: archsites in spearfish does not have any info on layer
 2). And in the case of the OP, just because one connects a map with
 v.db.connect on another layer, this does not mean that the map actually
 has any info on that layer.

 The following works for me

 {{{
 v.category archsites option=add layer=2 output=myarchsites
 d.vect map=myarchsites at user1 color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=170:170:170
 display=shape type=point,line,boundary,area icon=basic/circle size=5
 layer=2 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1
 d.vect map=myarchsites at user1 color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=170:170:170
 display=shape type=point,line,boundary,area icon=basic/circle size=5
 layer=2 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1 cat=1-10
 }}}

 In my eyes this bug can be closed as worksforme, and if there is an issue
 with FreeType on Mac, please open another bug.

 Moritz

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/377#comment:6>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>