[GRASS-dev] GRASS extensions/addons mismatch

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:13:29 EST 2011

There is another issue for Mac users--and this affects the overall permissions/settings files too.

All directories that begin with a "." are by default hidden from Mac users. Since permissions and settings can be accessed in other ways, this is not a big problem.

But if we are putting addons into the same hidden directory, it is more troublesome.

William has previously put this into the /Library folder as a visible folder. This is a much more sensible place for the Mac. So we need to treat Mac's differently from Linux, like we do Windows.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton