[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r45267 - grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/locale/po

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Tue Feb 8 10:13:40 EST 2011

W dniu 08.02.2011 08:56, Markus Neteler pisze:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Maciej Sieczka<msieczka at sieczka.org>
> wrote:

>> See the little line break position change in the merge result for
>> the original message? Is that OK?

> I think yes. Also transifex (GRASS currently no longer present there
>  after their major site changes) had yet different line breaks. So I
>  don't think that this matters.

Indeed. I have tried braking the line in msgid's and msgstr's at
various positions. It shows that for the translation not to break, a
line break is required at '\n' only.

I find it easier to edit a po file when a single message is 1 line
rather than 2 or 3, and when the number of lines in msgid matches the
number of lines in msgstr. It also helps (me, at least) when comparing
and merging po files from different branches and sources visualy (e.g.
with meld).

For a test I have formatted graslibs_pl.po in 6.4 to use as little line
breaks as possible (although empty '""' msgid's and msgstr's are just a
clutter, there's no point in removing them too, because they would
re-appear after next msgmerge, even with --no-wrap, anyway). Are there
any objections if I do the same for remaining *_pl.po files?

@Markus: May I also suggest using msgmerge in po_merge.sh with
--no-wrap, if that doesn't pose problems I'm not aware of?

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
http://www.sieczka.org