[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.1 RC1 testing, wishes

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Jan 9 16:43:30 EST 2011

These are more questions or wishes  than any real problems

- on Mac, when I switched to cairo in the GUI settings and tried to display vector layer GRASS completely freezes,
(I do have cairo framework installed), perhaps a bug in GUI specific to Mac? Michael, does this work for you?

Some minor questions that came up and I am not sure about:

- Is it possible to remove several map layers at once from GIS manager?
(I can highlight them but it removes only one, I assume the only way how to do it is to have them in a group and remove the group).

- am I right that d.barscale has no option to set its size ?
(I know it did not have it, but I get asked about it often so I want to make sure
  I haven't overlooked something)

- is it possible set the size of the browse window in preferences? Currently it shows
only 9 map layers at once (with hundreds in the mapset it is hard to find
the one that is wanted)

thanks

Helena