[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.1 RC1 d.legend

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 04:59:20 EST 2011

Hi, I am just online for the first time this week (year?) for
a few moments. Hopefully I'll get caught up by next week (month?).

Helena wrote:
> So far, everything works really well
> and the command line console is a huge help.
>
> The only command that is giving me trouble (and I got lots
> of complaints about it from the students)
> is d.legend

[the interface from the GUI not CLI, right..?]

> as it has somewhat erratic behavior,
> sometimes things work sometimes they don't depending on
> order how the options are given, for example:
[...]

I'll address the CLI (C module) issues,

> - another issue is that it assigns smooth gradient to CELL
> map by default unless the individual cats are given
> (e.g., for geology converted from vector, for landuse it
> works fine) - perhaps this is the desired behavior?

it swaps over to a smooth gradient automatically if the number
of individual cats to be displayed is more than the number of
vertical pixels available (more or less). this is desired
behavior and a warning is sent to stderr if it happens.
a quirk of it is that the legend is "flipped": categories
count from the top of the screen, FCELL ranges have max at the
top and min at the bottom. Use the flip flag if that isn't what
you want.

regards,
Hamish