[GRASS-dev] GRASS7 ImageryLib

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:16:56 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Mohammed Rashad
> <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >

> > I found these here[1] and says many things which needed help. So I
> thought
> > to give a try in order
> >

> > 1. Imagery Library needs fundamental clean up (the library is not
> maintained
> > from GRASS 5)
> >
> > Anyone can elaborate on this line?
>
> Fully agreed.
>
> It might be sensible to merge the various image libraries:
>
> GRASS 6/7:
> * lib/imagery/: standard lib, in use (i.* except for i.points3,
> i.rectify3, see below)
> * imagery/i.ortho.photo/libes/: standard lib, in use (i.ortho.photo,
> photo.*)

i.points3 and i.rectify3 doesnt uses standard lib. So adding API style code
which can be used by i.point3 and i.rectify3 is what you are saying. Am I
correct?

i.ortho.photo uses i.ortho.photo/libes right?

so merging both libs will provide an API which any grass imagery module can
share right?

> GRASS 5 (! only) image3 lib:
> * libes/image3/: never finished improvement which integrated the
> standard lib and the ortho lib. Seems to provide also ortho
> rectification for satellite data (i.points3, i.rectify3)
>
> GRASS 5/6 image proc commands:
> * merge of i.points, i.vpoints, i.points3 (see above)
> * merge of i.rectify and i.rectify3 (see above)
>
> Overall
> * add other warping methods (maybe lanczos or thin splines from GDAL?)

This part is not clear to me at all

> However, the library cleanup in GRASS 7 would be essential.
>
> > 2. Reimplement groups to be generic element (in GIS Library)
> >
> > I guess i.group module should be g.group which can groups both
> raster/vector
> > maps
> >
> > Is that correct?
>
> Correct I don't know, maybe subject to discussion.

Anyone have any comments ?

--
Regards,
   Rashad