[GRASS-dev] v.info: projection info wrong

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 21 14:52:17 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/1/21 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
>> Yes, because "Vect_get_proj_name() and _zone() are typically unset?!"
>> (see above). This (Vect_[get|set]_proj_name()) is weird because a
>> vector's projection can hardly be different from the location's
>> projection, and Vect_set_proj_name() has no effect. I would suggest to
>> replace the corresponding parts in v.info with
>> G_database_projection_name() and G_zone(), as used in r.info.
>
> seems to be reasonable suggestion. Martin

Sounds good also for me.

Interestingly I found another map:

GRASS 6.4.2svn (utm33_etna_mini):~/grass64/vector/v.info > v.info basins_10k
 | Layer:           basins_10k                                                |
 | Mapset:          landsat                                                   |
 | Location:        utm33_etna_mini                                           |
 | Database:        /home/neteler/grassdata                                   |
 |         Projection: Universal Transverse Mercator (zone 0)                 |
 |               N:           4223250    S:           4132440                 |
 |               E:            531540    W:            444600                 |

--> this map is a r.watershed generated map while the upper one was
imported with v.in.ogr.

After r50367 it is now:

 |         Projection: UTM (zone 33)                                          |
 |               N:           4223250    S:           4132440                 |

Solved,
Markus