[GRASS-dev] Problems with v.net.distance

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 16 03:00:28 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Roberto Marzocchi
<roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to use v.net.distance in grass7, which option seem be corrected
> respect of teh version of grass65 (alayer, nlayer and consequently costs).
>
> First of all, I noted that the option output is reported two time, but this
> can be simply corrected removing line 134 of main.c command. If needed I can
> add in the svn.
> Secondarly the program stop itself because if I correctly uderstand, the
> number of lines not corresponding with the number of nodes.
>
> ERROR: Nodes not available for line 8819

v.net.distance should be fixed with r52069.

> Unfortunately I'm not expert with vector grass libraries so I didn't
> understand the problem..
>

> --
>
> I'm using as a test the north carolina dataset and in particular I do the
> step of the tutorial of Trento university
> (http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/docs/tutorial_64_en/htdocs/esercitazione/network_analysis/index.html) adding
> also a 4th layer with the nodes. Attached a script to create the dataset
> (grass70)

In the test script, use

v.net.distance input=network_cat4 output=network_cat4_distance
alayer=3 nlayer=4 afcolumn=lungh_a abcolumn=lungh_i flayer=4
from_cats=1-4 tlayer=3 to_type=line to_cats=6-6920

in order to get the shortest paths from the four selected firestations
to the network. The 'from' features are always points, I have updated
the description and manual accordingly.

Markus M