[GRASS-dev] NVIZ crash info

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Wed Oct 17 21:29:04 PDT 2012

Here is some additional info on the NVIZ crash.

In the current version of GRASS, I can display a horizontal slice. BUT if I go to change the configuration of the slice (reduce it in the horizontal x or y direction or change the tilt), it crashes the GUI.

Trying to display a vertical slice or isosurface crashes the display.

In r48000 (and maybe in r50000 too), I can display a horizontal or vertical slice and manipulate its position. However, attempting to display an isosurface will crash the GUI.

I want to try r47000, but have not had a chance yet.

But the problem seems to be getting worse over the past year--worked OK about 15 months ago, partly worked 12 months ago, does not work by 3 months ago and maybe earlier.

I tried compiling without building for OSX 10.6 (OSX 10.8 and python 12.7) and it is just as bad. I have not tried building for a single architecture (32 or 64 bit) yet.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)