[GRASS-dev] dateutil dependency killing GRASS 7

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Oct 18 06:43:49 PDT 2012

I just got some time to briefly look at this - dateutil IS in OS X Python, 2.6 and 2.7.  (checked OS X Lion and Snow Leopard)

So if Mac users are having problems with a missing dateutil, then maybe they have another Python installed, like from python.org or MacPorts or Homebrew.  Then it's really a problem of installing dateutil in that other distribution.

On Oct 17, 2012, at 2:09 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> This seems like a good idea. Gives us time to think about the value and costs of using and bundling dateutil.
>
> Michael Barton
> School of Human Evolution &Social Change
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> ...Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 11:34 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>> On 17/10/12 13:21, Sören Gebbert wrote:
>>> Hi Michael,
>>> sorry to introduce something painful as a python-dateutil dependency.
>>> My fault. I should have discussed this on the list indeed.
>>>
>>> I have completely removed the dateutil dependency from the temporal
>>> GIS in r53435. For now
>>> only two types of calendar time stings are supported for parsing.
>>
>> Do you really have to remove it completely ? Can't you check for its presence and if not present fall back on the basic date version ? And put a hint in the manuals about its installation being strongly recommended ?
>>
>> Moritz

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.