[GRASS-dev] move v.polytoline?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 02:36:00 PST 2013

Hi Luca,

2013/12/10 Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>:
> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line [0].
> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know

I think it's useful. Anyway I would keep it in addons at this stage of
development. The module should be installable via g.extension without
no problem.

Speaking about addons, we should focus on easy-way how to install
them. Beside that, there are still open issues on Windows, eg. calling
python script from python. Thanks to Glynn's revert [1,2] this problem
is still unsolved. This is the blocker. I wonder if it remains blocker
forever. It's easy to revert non-perfect solutions, but hard for most
of us to find a time for better fix - apparently including the person
who did this revert.

It would be also good to put AddOns manual pages online. Will take a
look at this issue.

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57911
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-October/065904.html