[GRASS-dev] move v.polytoline?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Dec 10 14:36:49 PST 2013

Hi Martin,

Martin Landa wrote
> Hi Luca,
>
> 2013/12/10 Luca Delucchi <

> lucadeluge@

> >:
>> Some days ago I create a really simple script to convert polygon to line
>> [0].
>> I would like to know what do you think to move it to main code?
>> I'm not sure if it could be useful for end user or not.... let me know
>
> I think it's useful. Anyway I would keep it in addons at this stage of
> development. The module should be installable via g.extension without
> no problem.
>
> Speaking about addons, we should focus on easy-way how to install
> them. Beside that, there are still open issues on Windows, eg. calling
> python script from python. Thanks to Glynn's revert [1,2] this problem
> is still unsolved. This is the blocker. I wonder if it remains blocker
> forever. It's easy to revert non-perfect solutions, but hard for most
> of us to find a time for better fix - apparently including the person
> who did this revert.
>
> It would be also good to put AddOns manual pages online. Will take a
> look at this issue.
>
> Martin
>
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57911
> [2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-October/065904.html

regarding python-addon-scripts (and calling python script from python) in
wingrass6, have a look at

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2138

Hamish has done improvements for this issue in grass6dev which are steps
forward IMHO.

missing step is commented in
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2138#comment:4

%GISBASE% isn't replaced by %GRASS_ADDON_PATH%

having a quick look over the replacing code, no idea at the moment why it
doesn't work.

maybe testing on other windows boxes may help ...

-----
best regards
Helmut