[GRASS-dev] xganim: fix compilation or remove completely?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 07:41:23 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com>wrote:

> Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
> > xganim removed in r58484 and r58487.
>
> Do we want to keep wximgview (I believe that it has been superseded by
> wximgview.py)? If not, we can remove the wxWidgets configure checks
> altogether.

Good point, we have now:

ximgview (visualization/ximgview/)
wximgview (visualization/wximgview/)
wxpyimgview (scripts/wxpyimgview/)

For sure, we don't need all three and wximgview is C++ and wxWidgets (so it
does not fit to our C+Python+wxPython). The only question is if wxpyimgview
is as fast as wximgview. Speed is the only reason why they exists, isn't it?

I'm wondering if somebody is using at least one of them.

Vaclav