[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r54770 - grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.mess

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 27 12:16:51 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Paulo van Breugel
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for looking into this. It didn't work in first instance, but after a
> completely clean install it works,

(yes, g.extension in GRASS 6 doesn't handle properly the case of
reinstallation)

> with one caveat. The help file shows now,
> but without the parameter info (which supposedly should be extracted from
> the script?).

Yes, caused by the error below:

> I am also getting the following error message:
>
> Fetching <r.mess> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> Compiling...
> /usr/local/grass6.4.current/grass-6.4.3svn/include/Make/Script.make:47:
> warning: overriding commands for target `install'
> ERROR: G_getenv(): Variable LOCATION_NAME not set

To me it looks like g.extension being used outside of a GRASS session.

> I tried a few other extensions, and the same happens, so this does not seem
> to be something specific to r.mess

On Fedora 17 no problem, it installs properly.

> (but I don't know if it is something specific to my system?).

Apparently yes: which OS is it?

Markus