[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS 7 tech-preview release preparations

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 12 03:47:34 PDT 2013

(simplifying email subject line)

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 06/06/13 09:02, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>
>> On 05/06/13 23:39, Markus Neteler wrote:

>>> Added as hot topic to
>>>
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_CEE_2013_Code_Sprint#GRASS_GIS

Due to the showstoppers (solved meanwhile?) we could not get the
tech preview ready in Bucharest.

/me travelling to Prague in this moment

>> I agree that this would be the perfect occasion to work on the tech
>> preview. Then again, I think that 6.4.3 should have the priority and if
>> that is not released by then, maybe the sprinters should concentrate on
>> it. Obviously the two are not mutually exclusive...
>
> Sorry, got confused between different sprints. Actually meant:
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Prague_2013

So, the next attempt will be done these days in Prague!

BTW:
http://www.heise.de/open/artikel/Die-Woche-1-fuer-schnelle-Veroeffentlichungen-1916127.html
--> new release-often cycle of Firefox positively discussed

Best
Markus