[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r56622 - grass/branches/develbranch_6/mswindows

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 04:37:36 PDT 2013

Helmut:
> grass6.4.3 should go out soon.

sure, the last major thing standing in the way of release IMO,
and the only thing I want to focus energy on, is just this:

  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/943

probably just some popen.?() pipe handling needed before the
popen.communicate(). Perhaps popen.poll() can help debug?

popen.communicate() will stall if one of the pipes fills up
(I don't think d.mon could output that much in normal operation,
maybe if a stream of X errors), or if the program hasn't
terminated yet.

--

any ideas on where/who controls this part of the wingrass
packaging:

> > #1952: package 'more.exe' with msys (pager for g.list)
> >         (also +tac.exe +seq.exe +xml2.exe and
> >> #1275 (about zip.exe)
> >  --what controls what unix powertools are packaged
> > in extrabin/?
>
> ?
>
> zip is there, but unzip (for r.in.srtm) is not.
>
> xml2.exe makes a big difference for r.in.wms[.sh] which
> *now works on wingrass* (!!) / except for the xml2 :)
>
> seq we could live without but it is nice.
> same for tac, we work around it missing for Mac as well.
>
> but if we figure out how to add one binary we could easily
> add them all.

MarkusN:
> > And we will have to create a RC4 due to
> > heavy changes done *after* RC3.

the code base is now in much better shape on many fronts,
and the end result will be something we can all be quite proud
of and excited about. Frankly, RC3 on Wingrass was badly broken
in a number of ways and that needed to be fixed regardless of
the cost; now it basically is and we can move on.

thanks,
Hamish